- 2 ears of roasted corn, kernels carefully removed
- 2 cups of cooked quinoa
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1-2 cups of shredded, raw cabbage (red looks more dramatic)
- 4 small tomatoes, diced
- 8oz tempeh
- 1 batch of Cilantro Citrus vinaigrette
- half a small head of Romaine or other crisp lettuce cut into big shreds
- 1 small avocado, thinly sliced
- 2 corn tortillas
- Spray canola oil
Slice the tempeh into 1/2 inch strips. Heat a skillet, or a cast-iron grill pan (preferred), coat with a little canola oil, and add tempeh. Cook tempeh on both sides, using a little spray oil before turning, until golden. Set aside and cut into small pieces (roughly diced) once it has been cooled.
Heat oven to 425F. Cut tortillas into very thin strips with a sharp knife. Spray tortilla strips with some oil while tossing. Place tortilla strips on a small baking rack and put into oven. Bake for 5 minutes, or until crispy. Set aside.
While the tempeh is cooking put the remaining ingredients, except salad dressing, together into a large mixing bowl. Once the tempeh has cooled and been diced up add it and the dressing to the bowl and toss all ingredients together until everything is evenly coated with the dressing.
Serve salad on a bed of Romaine lettuce, topped with avocado slices and some of the baked tortilla strips.