1 bag (or 12oz) of fake chicken of choice
1/2 white onion
3 tbsp minced garlic
1.5 cups frozen veg (peas, carots, etc)
1 cup sliced crimini mushrooms
1 cup chopped celery
3 cups Imagine Potato Leek soup
3 cups Bisquick** baking mix
approx 1 cup water or soy milk
1) Brown chicken in 3 tbsp canola oil on med heat in a cast iron dutch oven (aprox 5min).
2) Add in onion, mushroom & celery & brown for an additional 5 min, or until onion gets some color. Make sure to not over-brown garlic.
3) Add in frozen veg, stir in well, cover & let cook an additional 5 min, or until all is evenly hot throughout.
4) Take soups, empty into a mixing bowl, and reconstitute with half the called-for water. Whisk together. Pour into dutch oven, and stir to combine. Allow to come to a gentle boil at med-low heat.
5) Mix Bisquick powder & liquid, making sure not to over-mix. Get to a sticky runny dough. Add spoonfulls of dough to dutch oven, making sure to leave a full inch of headroom. Add all dough until stew is as covered as need be.
6) Cook on stove-top uncovered for 10min. For dumpling topping, cover and steam for an additional 10min, or until a toothpick comes out of a dumpling clean. For southern biscuit topping, preheat oven with broiler on HI. Turn broiler to LOW. Spray dumpling top with spray oil, and place dutch oven on 2nd to bottom rack. Broil until dumplings (now biscuits) are just golden brown (approx 5-10 min, depending on your oven.
** Yes, Bisquick is vegan. Who knew!?