if you like rhubarb, this is just yum yum yum. my mom gave me this recipe, and i made it vegan with sour supreme, lemon juice and earth balance.
2 cups diced rhubarb
1-1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup sour supreme
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups flour
nutmeg to taste
1. mix rhubarb and 1/2 cup sugar. let stand 30 minutes.
2. mix baking soda, sour cream and lemon juice. mixture will almost double.
3. sift salt, flour, and 1 cup sugar.
4. combine all and stir a little - don't overmix. mixture will be thick.
5. spread in a 9" pan.
6. sprinkle sugar, nutmeg, and dot with earth balance.
7. bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes (until cake springs back when touched).